Welcome to the Dive Board! Please read this post before doing anything else.
Rules of Conduct:
By using this website, you agree to abide by the following rules. The moderators reserve the right to mute or ban any user, at any time, for failing to abide by these rules.
1. No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately, and the user account banned.
2. Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.
3. Respect other users. Remember, we all come from different backgrounds and experience levels, and everyone started somewhere. Be kind to new divers, or divers that may disagree with you. There is nothing wrong with a respectful disagreement, but don't be rude.
4. Harassment. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums, and notification of legal authorities.
5. Illegal/Adult content. No extreme profanity, pornography, or illegal material is allowed. Posts containing adult material or copyrighted material will be deleted.
6. Encourage safe, sustainable diving. We are extremely strict when it comes to diver safety. Please do not encourage divers to dive outside their limits, or encourage unsafe diving practices.
Dive Board Categories
1. Find a Buddy: Looking to add more dive buddies to your group? Post your upcoming dive plans so that others can come along.
2. Dive Reports: Want to share information, conditions, or photos from dive spots? Post about your dives here!
3. Chartered Dive/Upcoming Events: This allows companies to post upcoming boat dives and charters for divers to sign up for. Companies, please contact Oahudiveguide@gmail.com before you post.
4. Training: Interested in getting additional training? Or are you an instructor with upcoming spots in your class? Post about it here.
5. General Discussion: Any other topics you want to discuss? Talk about it here.
Please be aware that we moderate advertising on this forum, and we do not allow companies to freely advertise without first entering into an agreement with Oahu Dive Guide. Any unauthorized commercial posts will be deleted. If your company would like to advertise with us, please contact us at email@example.com.
Part of our goal is to encourage communication between divers, dive shops, instructors, and tour guides. This means that we allow commercial advertising on this forum from various companies that we believe will be beneficial to the community. We strive to do our best to vet any companies before allowing them them to post on this site, especially when it comes to diver safety. However, we cannot make any promises, nor do we provide any implied endorsements or warranties for any company. If you believe that a company on the forum is engaging in false or deceptive advertising, please contact us immediately.
Enjoy using the dive board!